Happy Monday, and welcome to another week of. . .
Ready. Set. Write!
What is that?
In the words of Jaime Morrow, it’s a summer long writing intensive with the purpose of writing, revising, planning, and keeping each other accountable. We will be sharing our goals on Mondays, keeping our posts BRIEF (2-3 lines per heading) so we can spend more time writing and less time blogging. You can sign up at any of the other host blogs (Katy, Erin, Alison, Jaime). And don't forget to hop around to encourage other participants. For more information about RSW and a link to our super fun buttons, go here.
1) How I did meeting last week's goals:
- finish flash/short story Done!
- complete notes on beta read Completed!
- write another chapter on my WIP Finished! Okay, I had a slight change on this last one. I decided to follow my inner voice and bounce back to another WIP I've been working on - Fast Food Princess. I rewrote the first chapter, so I'll let it count.
2) This next week's goals:
- This next week is going to be packed full of family fun, so I'm simply going to shoot for a rewrite of Chapter 2. Not sure I'll get it in, though.
3) One phase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
“Pure gold?” I laughed. Like I knew anything about money outside of my minimum wage paycheck.
4) The biggest challenge I faced this week:
Motivation. I felt lazy this last week on the writing front and had the urge to knit instead. So I gave in, and now, my first Christmas present is already done!
5) Something I love about my WIP:
The 2nd WIP isn't as serious as my other one. My MC is a bit snarky, sometimes naive when it comes to the intentions of others, is down to earth about most things, but knows how to enjoy the smallest things in life to the fullest (like bouncing on packed ice along the edge of a parking lot although she's 16 yr. old or trying on clothes at a vintage store just for the fun of it). I love her for it.
So, what's up in your writing world?